Ordinarily the feminist in me would go on a rant, about how pink is not necessarily a girl color, nor does it have to be girly. Pink is delicate, admittedly but it also symbolizes strength and beauty and for this wedding romanticism and love.
This wedding features details like a family-made dessert bar (hearts and all). ADORABLE >>> Pretty sure the princess pink glassware was on loan from an antique store, even better, I love things that can be borrowed. Also of note: gorgeous portraits of the bride, the groom, the bride and the groom together. Minneapolis is a pretty great backdrop.
When you're thinking about where you want to take pictures with your wedding party, the decision might be quite complex. If you're getting married in the city there's a few things to consider: how are you going to get around, what about parking, and is it even legal to take pictures where you want to take pictures.
Take a page from Kaylie and Travis' wedding book, opt for public streets and city parks, and you won't be disappointed. They also planned for transportation, so their bridal party didn't need to worry about driving or parking or drinking and driving and parking.
6 THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM TRAVIS + KAYLIE:
- If you get married at a park, make sure you triple check the power situation
- Providing a shuttle to and from locations that have minimal on site parking can be a huge benefit for your guests
- Hanging signage on walls or doors might not be allowed at your venue, make sure you check first or have a good plan b (like an easel)
- If you know you can do your own makeup, don't pay a professional to do it for you
- Mismatched bridesmaids dresses can look pretty darn cohesive if you pick a pretty color
- If you stop at a liquor store for a beer run, and there happens to be city police in the lot, you WILL get pranked
VIEW THEIR IMAGES:
CHECK OUT THEIR VENDORS:
Caterer // Gastrotruck | Ceremony // Peace Garden Lyndale Park | Ceremony Chairs // Magic Rental | Day of Coordinator // Sixpence Events (that's me... duh.) | DJ // Bellagala | Flowers // Uy-Lennon Floral | Hair // Elizabeth Heacock | Hotel // Aloft Hotel | Liquor // Surdyk's | Officiant // Dan Wetterstrom | Photographer // Studio KH | Transportation // Valley Limo & Coach | Venue // Day Block Brewery
Prosperity, Love & Happiness,