Bridal Shows and our Big Giveaway!
Bridal shows. Enter: a mini-stampede of overly dressed women (because it's cold outside) who are holding back sweat (because it's not cold inside), tears of panic and intense excitement, and holding back in general. Instead of interacting with each vendor, prying their best selling strategies from their desperate lips, most bridal show attendees hold back. Why? Well, duh, because they are nervous! And because this whole thing is overwhelming. And because your mom's have told you not to talk to strangers; now where did I leave my id bracelet and safety whistle...
Really this is an amazing opportunity for you brides and grooms! Even if you are hiring a wedding planner (ahem) it is still a beautiful, chaotic, few hours of your day that can be spent hoping, and wishing, and dreaming about what your wedding could be. (Then you promptly call me back and tell me which ideas you want to implement and, tada! Your hopes, wishes and dreams come true).
Wedding fair dos:
- Talk to vendors. Ask them why they are so great, what deals they may be running, and if you can meet with them later for more details.
- Check that they have your wedding date available.
- Stay well hydrated.
- Check out the fashion show.
- Go with friends and family, it's supposed to be fun and the more people you take with you the braver you will feel and the more information you will glean.
Wedding fair don'ts:
- Mill around in the aisle, wandering aimlessly, potentially getting trampled with fear and doubt.
- Go there without a plan. Know which things you are most interested in gaining from this experience. Maybe you are looking for a wedding planner and want to see if you like the person you've seen online (trust me, you will like me). Or maybe you just want to see which dresses are on trend for the next year. Think about it before you go, it will give you more confidence!
- Go there expecting free stuff. This is about your wedding, the most important day of your entire life (aside from child birth, I presume). This is not Costco. You are not going in order to determine if you'll like the new organic, gluten-free, vegan chicken nuggets. enough said.
Got it? Got your plan? Great! Now come see us at the Wedding Fair, this Sunday.
Need an incentive? We just happen to have one...
Congratulations to Kaylie and Travis!