We are lucky, here in Minnesota. Not because we are nowhere near any earthquake inducing fault lines, nor is it because we lack the surmounting issues of overpopulation or dangerous pollution levels (there's plenty of 'sota for everyone here). No, it's much simpler than that, we are lucky because we have this thing, this thing that might be the bane of some people's existence, we have seasons.
Oh. You thought it was going to be something different?
Having a real summer, a real spring and fall, and the longest winter this side of Canada ever, is a reward. It means you can have most any type of wedding that you want. We've even got shorelines!! (Thank you Lake Superior for acting like an ocean). This also means I have got a real great collection of venues for you, a venue for every season!
For seasons when you want to be outside in minimal clothing:
- Hope Glen Farm | Cottage Grove
- Lyndale Park Peace Gardens | Minneapolis
- Camrose Hill | Stillwater
- Winehaven Winery | Chisage City
- Hyland Hills Chalet | Bloomington
- MN Horse and Hunt Club | Prior Lake
- Legacy Hill Farm | Welch
- Bloom Lake Barn | Shafer
- Silverwood Park | St. Anthony
- Historic John P Furber Farm | Cottage Grove
For a more classic and traditional season:
- Annunciation Catholic Church | Minneapolis
- Mindekirken | Minneapolis
- American Swedish Institute | Minneapolis
- Golden Valley Country Club | Golden Valley
- Minneapolis Golf Club | Saint Louis Park
- Van Dusen Mansion | Minneapolis
- Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center | Bloomington
- Glensheen Mansion | Duluth
- James J Hill Library | St. Paul
- The Hutton House | Medicine Lake
For seasons when you might want to take shelter in an old new building:
- Union Depot | St. Paul
- Day Block Brewery | Minneapolis
- Loring Social | Minneapolis
- JX Event Venue | Stillwater
- Solar Arts | Minneapolis
- PAIKKA | St. Paul
- The NP Event Space | Brainerd
- Historic Concord Exchange | South St. Paul
- Machine Shop | Minneapolis
- North Garden Theater | St. Paul
For seasons when you want your hotel room to be a stumble away:
Notice something? Any venue is good, anytime of the year, so don't be afraid to get married outside... in the snow. Or hide inside in the summer (it does rain so cover isn't a bad idea). Need help getting started planning your wedding, like besides having 18 secret Pinterest boards?
Lend me your email and I'll give you access to The One Page. It's a resource designed to cut your wedding work in half. How great would that be?
Prosperity, Love & Happiness,
All images by Studio KH